St James Chorley is one of five Parish churches serving the market town of Chorley in Lancashire. We are a dynamic conservative evangelical congregation that is fully committed to teaching and learning from God's Word. Our objective is "To win people for Christ and to build them up in Christ."
Thursday 18th 7pm - School Carol Service
Friday 19th 9am - School End of Term Service
- 8.45am Holy Communion - The Word (John 1.1-4) (David Phillips)
- 10.30am Nativity Service - a service for all but particularly appropriate for the young.
- 7pm Carols by Candlelight - Following the traditional pattern of carls and readings. (The Light Shines - John 1.5-8, David Dickinson)
Christmas Eve (24th)
- 4pm Crib Service - Particularly for young children and families (Receiving Jesus - John 1.9-13)
- 11pm Holy Communion - A 'midnight communion' by candlelight (We have seen His glory - John 1.14)
Christmas Day (25th)
- 8.45 Holy Communion - traditional communion service with carols (God made known - John 1.14-18)
- 10.30am Family Worship - Christmas Day service for young and old alike (God made known - John 1.14-18)
Sunday 28th December
8.45am Holy Communion (BCP) - John's Testimony (Jn 1.19-34) (David Phillips)
10.30am Family Worship - John's Testimony (Jn 1.19-34) (David Phillips)
The teaching at St James is Bible based and Bible led, because it is our committed belief that the Bible is God's book, written by human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, so that what the Bible says, God says.
Please follow the various links to find out more about the Church and where we are located (including the parish boundary).
St James is part of the Diocese of Blackburn and the Church of England.